Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Day 44: Saddle Pass Trail

Looking over the new Westlake YMCA
Day# 44: Saddle Pass Trail
Saddle Pass Trail
Westlake Village, CA
Saturday, August 8th 2015
Time: 1 hour, 49 minutes
Pace: 34:51/mile
Distance: 3.15 miles
Elevation Gain: 606 feet
Dogs allowed?: Yes

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Westlake Villlage:
Exit Lindero Canyon Rd and head north for 1.3 miles to Hedgewall Dr
Turn Left onto Hedgewall Dr and continue for 0.3 miles until it turns into Landino Dr
Park on the street. The trail starts in the northwest corner of the small park here.

Today I was out for a short hike before work to grab a few more geocaches I needed in the area. I started in the park at the corner of Landino Dr and Hedgewall Dr and headed up the steep trail leading out of the corner of the park.

Steep Trail
After a short but very steep climb, I arrived at the top of the hill and reached a junction in the trail. From here I headed south toward the edge of the hills. I continued down until the trail dead ends at the new Westlake YMCA that is being built. I turned around here and went back down the way I came and barely got back in time to get to work. I was expecting this to be closer to 2 miles, but I made it just in time for work. 

Nice short trail for a good leg workout with the steep hills and some nice views of the Conejo Valley from the top.  

Looking down the trail from the top of the first climb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment