Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 58: Chandler Fire Road

Burbank Airport from above
Day# 58: Chandler Fire Road
Chandler Fire Road
Verdugo Mountain Park-Sun Valley, CA
Saturday, August 22nd 2015
Time:  59 minutes
Pace: 25:06/mile
Distance: 2.36 miles
Elevation Gain: 568 feet
Dogs OK?: Yes

Directions:  
From the 5 Freeway(Southbound) in Sun Valley:
 Exit Sunland Blvd and continue onto Roscoe Blvd for 0.4 miles, then stay left on Roscoe Blvd
Turn Right onto Glenoaks Blvd and continue 0.4 miles to Lanark St
Turn Left onto Lanark St and continue 0.5 miles to Edmore Pl 
After 0.2 miles the trailhead begins at the deadend of Edmore Pl
Park on the street

Today I had to drop my Aunt who was visting from New Mexico off at Burbank Airport so I figured this would be a good chance to hike outside my normal area and find a new place. Before we left I looked at some maps and found Verdugo Mountain Park right on the other side of the freeway from the airport. I loaded in the information for the geocaches in the area and went to the airport to drop off Aunt Sue.

Sign at the trailhead....sounds fun
 After dropping her off at the airport I made my way through the neighborhoods to the trailhead. Parking was not a problem and I made my way onto the trail.  The trail is basically just a fire road that heads steeply up to the top of these mountains. I had to be at work later today, so I went a little more than a mile up and then headed back down.  Lots of people on the trails, but the views of the Los Angeles area where nice and it was interesting to see the airport from a birds eye view.

Heading up into the Verdugos


Heading back down toward the city
 

No comments:

Post a Comment