Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 51: Satwiwa Loop Trail

Views of Big Sycamore Canyon
Day# 51: Satwiwa Loop Trail via Wendy Trail
Wendy Trail/Big Sycamore Canyon Fire Road/Satwiwa Loop Trail
Rancho Sierra Vista/Satwiwa- Newbury Park, CA
Saturday, August 15th 2015
Time:  1 hour, 13 minutes
Pace: 21:27/mile
Distance: 3.43 miles
Elevation Gain: 283 feet
Dogs Ok?: Yes

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Thousand Oaks:
Exit Lynn Rd and drive west for 3.9 miles to Wendy Dr
Turn Left onto Wendy Dr and continue 0.6 miles until the road ends at Potrero Rd.
Parking is directly across Potrero Rd in the large dirt area.
Trail starts in the dirt parking lot.

 Today I had to work down in Malibu so I did not have much time, so I headed to a close trail to grab a geocache that I had been meaning to get for a while. I started at the Wendy Trailhead to get some extra mileage in and headed straight across to the top of the large hill leading into Sycamore Canyon.  From here I took a small use trail along the ridge to the cache and some great views down into Sycamore Canyon.  I headed back on the lower portion of the Satwiwa loop to my car. I did not have much time so I kept a pretty quick pace to make sure I got to work on time.

Heading down the Wendy Trail across the grassy meadows

Old Boney coming into view as I approach Satwiwa

Looking toward the Fossil Trail that I hiked on Day 1

Use trail along the ridge to the cache

The windmill on the Satwiwa Loop Trail

Heading back to the car just after the windmill
 

No comments:

Post a Comment