Friday, February 19, 2016

Day 17: Oak Tree/McCullough Loop

Dense Oak forest on the first part of the trail

Day# 17: Oak Tree/McCullough Loop
Oak Tree Loop/McCullough Loop
Wildwood Canyon State Park- Yucaipa, CA
Sunday, July 12th 2015
Time: 1 hour, 27 minutes
Pace: 42:31/mile
Distance: 2.06 miles
Elevation Gain: 338 feet
Dogs allowed?: No

Directions:

 From the 10 Freeway in Yucaipa:
Exit Live Oak Canyon Road toward Oak Glen Road and head north on Oak Glen Road
Take the first right onto Calimesa Blvd and continue for 1.2 miles to Wildwood Canyon Rd
Turn Left onto Wildwood Canyon Road and continue 4.3 miles to the entrance on the left.
There is a large dirt lot on the right when you enter, this is where I parked and started the trail.

 Today I headed out to Beaumont to visit my aunt and cousin who came down from Sacramento for a couple days.  I told them about my 1000 hikes and asked if they wanted to come along for a day.  I found a short loop trail near the area and we headed out for a short hike.

The family heading up the trail
 
 After about a half mile I noticed there was a ton of poison oak all around us. I made sure to watch the kids to make sure they didn't touch it and helped my sister and cousin navigate through safely.  Once at the top of the Oak Tree Loop, we connected with the McCullough loop to get some elevation gain and a view of the area.

Rest stop for the kiddos

The view from the McCullough loop

Little butterfly

 After taking in the views and a quick snack break at a picnic table we found, we headed back down toward the Oak Tree Loop and back to the car. Fun, short hike with the family and now its back home for dinner that the grandparents prepared...yum!

Heading back down the Oak Tree Loop

 

No comments:

Post a Comment