Saturday, February 20, 2016

Day 22: Vista Del Mar Trail


Day# 22: Vista Del Mar Trail
Vista Del Mar Trail
Newbury Park, CA
 Friday, July 17th 2015
Time: 41 minutes
Pace: 25:05/mile
Distance: 1.64 miles
Elevation Gain: 179 feet
Dogs allowed?: Yes

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Thousand Oaks:
Take the Borchard Rd exit and head west for 3.8 miles to Via Ricardo
Turn Right onto Via Ricardo and follow it 0.7 miles to the trailhead on the right.
Park on the street





 A short hike after work today up in the Dos Vientos part of Newbury Park.  I did not have much time before sunset so I headed up here and did a quick hike of this short trail. The trail does continue on and will connect to other trails but for times sake I did not go too far today.



Looking toward Conejo Mountain and Camarillo below
I saw the powerline towers off in the distance and decided that was the goal today. The trail is easy with very slight elevation gain. Nice views into Camarillo and beyond on a clear day.  After reaching the power towers I head back the way I came and back to my car. Easy day.

Looking back over Dos Vientos

The towers where my goal today

Under the tower looking toward Conejo Mountain


No comments:

Post a Comment